- What areas of the body do you perform liposuction on?
- How long does the procedure take?
- How soon will I see results?
- Is the fat removal permanent?
- Will liposuction get rid of cellulite?
- 1. What areas of the body do you perform liposuction on?
We most commonly perform liposuction on the stomach, inner and outer thighs, flanks, arms and buttocks. But if you visit our clinic for an initial consultation, we can discuss and assess the feasibility of liposuction for any area of the body. If liposuction is not viable, we may have an alternative solution.
- 2. How long does the procedure take?
Liposuction usually takes about two hours to perform.
- 3. How soon will I see results?
We recommend you wait at least 12 weeks, giving your body time to properly heal from the procedure and for potential swelling to go down.
- 4. Is the fat removal permanent?
Yes, we are born with only a certain number of fat cells and when we perform liposuction, we are permanently removing many of the fat cells in the area being treated.
However, if you gain weight after liposuction, the remaining fat cells might expand. So while the localised fatty deposits that existed prior to liposuction are unlikely to balloon up out of proportion again, it is a good policy to try and avoid weight gain following the procedure.
- 5. Will liposuction get rid of cellulite?
Liposuction is not a treatment for cellulite. While some patients do notice an improvement in the appearance of cellulite after the fat cells are removed, this should not be an expected result of the treatment.
More liposuction questions are answered here.