Dr Szalay has extensive experience with the minimally invasive facelift
The Lift-Plus is a minimally invasive facelift that is used to lift the lower face (or jowls), neck and sometimes the mid-face. Tightening these areas results in a firmer neck, cleaner jawline and overall a refreshed and more youthful appearance.
It is a minimally invasive method of facelifting which delivers natural results. Dr Michael Szalay at Precision Cosmetic Surgery has performed over 900 facelift procedures using this technique.
How does it work?
Dr Szalay uses multiple fine sutures to lift and support sagging skin on the face and neck.
The sutures used are looped to the sagging muscle layer which supports the face and neck. The other ends of the sutures are anchored to firm tissue behind the ear or in the scalp, lifting and holding the soft tissue in the corrected position.
Excess skin is removed through a fine incision along the ear and sometimes into the hair. The incision is placed carefully so as to be as imperceptible as possible. Some patients just wish to have their face alone improved, but some also wish to have their neck improved.
What are the advantages of this minimally invasive facelift?
- Effective: The Lift-Plus is a very effective method of tightening a sagging neck, jowl or cheek. Dr Szalay has found the method to be more effective than an S-Lift.
- Natural Results: The Lift-Plus provides aesthetically pleasing facial rejuvenation which is very natural in appearance.
- Less invasive: The primary advantage Dr Szalay’s technique has over standard facelifts is that there is less skin undermining compared to a conventional facelift, which helps skin healing.
- Recovery: Most patients are able to return to normal activities after 14 days.
- Longevity: In the majority of patients, The Lift-Plus should last several years. The sutures will not break because multiple sutures are inserted, which all support each other and add to the strength of the lift.
Does it take long to heal?
A compression bandage must be worn for three days. After three days, patients can remove the bandage, wash their hair and apply antibiotic ointment. Sutures are removed after seven days and most patients are able to return to work after 14 days.
How does the Lift-Plus differ from a standard facelift?
The primary advantage of Dr Szalay’s technique is that there is less undermining of the skin – only the excess skin is undermined and removed. This reduces bleeding and bruising and helps skin healing. Find out more at Dr Szalay’s blog.
How much does The Lift-Plus cost?
The initial consultation with Dr Szalay is $75. The cost of the Lift-Plus procedure is as follows:
- Jowls: $6,690
- Neck and jowls: $7,790
- Neck: $4,490
- Neck, Jowls & Mid-face: $8,890
- Neck, Jowls, Mid-face & brow: $9,990
book in your initial consultation and explore the possibilities
Here is what you can expect from your first consultation with Dr Szalay:
Step 1: Meeting with Dr Szalay
In your initial consultation, we will first discuss the areas of your face or neck that you would like to work on. This is carried out in a warm and professional environment to make you as comfortable as possible.
Step 2: Dr Szalay assesses your face or neck and explores feasibility
Dr Szalay will examine the area to be lifted to ensure that The Lift-Plus is the best solution for the results you desire.
Step 3: If The Lift-Plus is viable, Dr Szalay explains the procedure
It is important that you are well informed about the procedure, which is why Dr Szalay takes this time to explain how this minimally invasive facelift works and answer any of your questions.