How the breast augmentation procedure works
The procedure is performed at a licensed day hospital under a general anaesthetic with an anaesthetist. Bleeding is minimal and there is usually little if any bruising. After surgery you are typically kept in a recovery area for about two hours before you are discharged home.
What to expect from post-operative care
Dr Szalay is contactable 24 hours a day if you need him. Most patients are able to return to their usual activities after a couple of days, but some people might be slower, so it would be wise to allow for one week off work and driving. If your work involves lifting, you should allow longer.
Important pre-operation information
- You need to avoid alcohol for two weeks prior to the procedure
- If you are a smoker, you need to stop this 3 weeks prior to the procedure
- You need to bring in all your medications as prescribed by us.
Important post-operation information
- Only take the medication as prescribed by the Precision Cosmetic Surgery team.
- You will need someone to drive you home and stay with you overnight.
- You can’t do strenuous exercise for three weeks and you need to keep the wound dry until it heals.
The cost for a consultation with Dr Szalay is $75.
The cost of standard cohesive silicone gel implants is from $6290 for sizes up to 500cc (choice of above muscle, below muscle or dual plane).
The cost of polyurethane implants is $8990.
The above costs include the hospital and anaesthetist. The only additional cost is the post operative medication script.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner
See our before and after results
Women of all different ages, backgrounds and sizes visit Precision Cosmetic Surgery for breast augmentation. View some of our results.