How the breast augmentation procedure works
The procedure is performed at our Spring Hill practice under twilight sedation with tumescence and takes about one to two hours. Bleeding is minimal and there is usually little if any bruising. After surgery you are typically kept in a recovery area for about two hours before you are discharged home.
What to expect from post-operative care
Dr Szalay is contactable 24 hours a day if you need him. Most patients are able to return to their usual activities after a couple of days, but some people might be slower, so it would be wise to allow for one week off work and driving. If your work involves lifting, you should allow longer.
Important pre-operation information
- You need to avoid alcohol and smoking for two weeks prior to the procedure
- You need to cut one of your nails off, so we can monitor you with our observation machine
- You need to bring in all your medications as prescribed by us.
Important post-operation information
- Only take the medication as prescribed by the Precision Cosmetic Surgery team.
- You will need someone to drive you home and stay with you overnight.
- You can’t do strenuous exercise for three weeks and you need to keep the wound dry until it heals.
The cost for a consultation with Dr Szalay is $75.
The cost of standard cohesive silicone gel implants is $5290 for sizes up to 500cc (choice of above muscle, below muscle or dual plane).
The cost of polyurethane implants is $7990.
See our before and after results
Women of all different ages, backgrounds and sizes visit Precision Cosmetic Surgery for breast augmentation. View some of our results.