Dr Szalay has substantial experience with the minimally invasive facelift
The minimally invasive facelift lifts the lower face. Lifting the lower face provides a more defined jawline. So patients achieve a refreshed and more youthful appearance.
The procedure is less invasive than a conventional facelift and delivers natural results.
Dr Szalay uses the same technique on the neck. More information on the neck is here
Dr Michael Szalay has performed over 1000 facelift or necklift procedures using this technique.
How does the minimally invasive facelift work?
Dr Szalay uses multiple fine sutures to lift and support sagging tissue on the lower face. The sutures are looped through the sagging deep tissue layer (smas) which supports the lower face. Dr Szalay anchors the other ends of the sutures to firm tissue behind the ear or in the scalp. Consequently, he strengthens the result.
Dr Szalay removes excess skin through a fine incision along the ear and sometimes into the hair. He places the incision carefully so as to be as imperceptible as possible.
What are the advantages of the minimally invasive facelift?
- Effective: The procedure effectively tightens sagging of the lower face or neck.
- Natural Results: The procedure provides natural results. Consequently, other people may just think that you look “fresher” without thinking you have been operated on.
- Less invasive: Dr Szalay’s technique uses less skin undermining compared to a conventional facelift, therefore helping skin healing.
- Recovery: Most patients are able to return to normal activities after 14 days.
- Longevity: The results should last several years in most people. The sutures will not break because multiple sutures are inserted. So these support each other and add to the strength of the lift.
Does it take long to heal?
You need to wear a compression bandage for four days. So you can wash your hair after this. We remove the sutures after seven days and most patients can return to work after 14 days.
How does the Minimally Invasive Facelift differ from a standard facelift?
Dr Szalay’s technique uses less undermining of the skin. So this reduces bleeding and bruising and helps skin healing.
Find out more here.
The initial consultation with Dr Szalay is $75. The cost of the Minimally Invasive Facelift is as follows:
- Face: from $11,990
- Neck: from $7,990
- Face and neck: from $13,990
Please note that these costs include the hospital and anaesthetist.
book in your initial consultation for the minimally invasive facelift
Here is what you can expect from your first consultation with Dr Szalay:
Step 1: Meeting with Dr Szalay
We will first discuss the areas of your face or neck that you would like to work on. This is carried out in a warm and professional environment to make you as comfortable as possible.
Step 2: Dr Szalay assesses your face or neck and explores feasibility
Dr Szalay will examine the areas you want lifted to ensure that procedure is the best solution for you.
Step 3: If The Lift-Plus is viable, Dr Szalay explains the procedure
It is important you are well informed. So Dr Szalay takes this time to explain how this minimally invasive facelift works, possible risks and answers any of your questions.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner