The Lift can help your face look refreshed
The Lift is an innovative, minimally invasive method of facial rejuvenation. Developed by pioneering South African plastic surgeon, Des Fernandez, The Lift uses multiple fine stitches to lift and support sagging skin on the face, neck and eyebrow.
Dr Michael Szalay, Medical Director at Precision Cosmetic Surgery, has trained in The Lift technique with Dr Fernandez and performed over 900 Lift and Lift-Plus procedures.
How does The Lift work?
The sutures used in The Lift are looped, by way of small hollow needles, to sagging skin. The other ends of the sutures are anchored to firm tissue behind the ear or in the scalp, lifting and holding the soft tissue in the corrected position. Accordingly, the sutures are able to lift and support drooping cheeks, eyebrows, jowls or neck, restoring firmness to the face and neck.
What are the advantages of The Lift?
- Safety: The sutures are made of prolene, a biocompatible material that has been safely used for many years as a permanent suture in all forms of surgery, including facial surgery.
- Appearance: No visible scars on the face will occur after The Lift because the incisions are hidden behind the ear or in the scalp.
- Simplicity: The Lift is technically a simple procedure to perform, looping sutures at one end and tying them at the other.
- Recovery: The recovery from this procedure is usually quick, with most patients able to return to work after 10 days.
How much does The Lift cost?
The initial consultation with Dr Szalay is $75.00. The cost of the standard Lift procedure is as follows:
- Eyebrows: $3300 (if performed at the same time as eyelid surgery the price will range from $1100 to $2200 depending on the amount of total procedures performed).
- Cheek lift (mid face): $3300
- Lower cheek and jowls: $3300
- Neck: $3300
- Any 2 of the above areas: $5500
- Any 3 of the above: $7150
Please note that if you have excessive loose skin you will require The Lift-Plus (a minimally invasive face lift and/or neck lift). Dr Szalay will assess this during your consultation.
Book in your initial consultation and explore the possibilities
Here is what you can expect from your first consultation with Dr Szalay:
Step 1: Meeting with Dr Szalay
In your initial consultation, we will first discuss the areas of your face that you would like to work on. This is carried out in a warm and professional environment to make you as comfortable as possible.
Step 2: Dr Szalay assesses your face and explores feasibility
Dr Szalay will examine your face and skin to ensure that The Lift is the best solution for the results you desire.
Step 3: If The Lift is viable, Dr Szalay explains the procedure
It is important that you are well informed about the procedure, which is why Dr Szalay takes this time to explain how it works and answer any of your questions.