How the breast augmentation procedure works
Breast augmentation is performed at a licensed day hospital. A general anaesthetic is used with an anaesthetist. Bleeding is minimal and there is usually little if any bruising. After surgery you are typically kept in a recovery area for about two hours before you can go home.
Care after your breast augmentation
Dr Szalay is contactable 24 hours a day if you need him. Most patients are able to return to their usual activities after a couple of days, but some people might be slower. It would be wise to allow for one week off work and driving. If your work involves lifting, you should allow longer.
Important information before your breast augmentation
- You need to avoid alcohol for two weeks before the procedure
- If you are a smoker, you need to stop 3 weeks before the procedure
- You need to bring in all your medications that we have prescribed
Important information after your breast augmentation
- Only take the medication as advised by the Precision Cosmetic Surgery team.
- You will need someone to drive you home and stay with you overnight.
- You can’t do strenuous exercise for three weeks.
The cost for a consultation with Dr Szalay is $75.
The cost of standard implants is from $6290 for sizes up to 500cc.
The cost of Motiva implants is $8990.
The above costs include the hospital and anaesthetist. The only additional cost is the script for medication.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner
See our before and after results
Women of all different ages, backgrounds and sizes visit Precision Cosmetic Surgery for breast augmentation. View some of our results.